Fearless Fair Isle with Judith
Prerequisite: The ability to knit both continental and English style. If you’re not there yet, take the KNIT THE OTHER WAY class first.
This is a “you can do it” class. You’ll end up with a classy cozy for your paper coffee cup. Three 2-hour sessions: 10:00 am 12:00 pm January 17th, 24th, & 31st. Class size is limited to 6.
The techniques we’ll be working with are:
- Magic loop
- Knitting a flat gauge swatch in the round
- Corrugated ribbing
- Fair Isle knitting with no floats or puckers
- Knitting a flat piece in the round by using a steek (extra stitches) – useful for cardigans and vests
- Three needle bind-off
- 2 contrasting colors DK weight yarn (I used Rowan Felted Tweed)
- 32” circular needles (I used size 6). Gauge is not super critical. If you’re a tight knitter, try 7; if loose, try 5.
- Tape measure for checking gauge
- Stitch markers, circular and safety pin type
- HIghlighter Tape, any color, or sticky notes
- Large-eyed needle
- Crochet hook same size as knitting needle